What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy aims to maximise movement potential through, prevention, treatment, rehabilitation and health promotionwww.csp.org.uk
What does a Physiotherapist treat?
- Sports injuries
- Neck and back pain
- Overuse syndromes
- Ligament sprains
- Tendon and muscular strains
- Occupational dysfunction
- Postural conditions
- Arthritic conditions
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- Post fracture and dislocation
Physiotherapeutic skills and treatments offered at The Brackley Clinic
- Exercise therapy including gymball exercises, core stability and muscle imbalance re-education
- Therapeutic and sports massage
- Muscle Energy Technique and Soft Tissue Release
- Propriocetive Neuromuscular Facilitation
- Biomechanical assessment
The Physiotherapy Appointment
The initial physiotherapy appointment involves a comprehensive examination and assessment, followed by joint goal setting between the physiotherapist and the patient. A personalised physiotherapy treatment and advice programme may then commence. There is a strong emphasis on patient empowerment and active participation. This is easily achieved by educating each patient about their condition or injury, the individual making informed decisions about the physiotherapy treatment received and understanding the relevance of the treatments used.